STEPS IN BECOMING A MENTOR
1. Potential mentors will apply and will be selected from their applications and for their availability. Mentor applications need to be reactivated yearly. Applications are available from Mentor Program Coordinator or the Mentoring Committee members.
2. Screening of mentor applications for selection is done by the Mentor Match Committee.
3. The Selection Process includes:
- (a) approval of the relevant department chair
- (b) approval of the principal
- (c) attendence at the mentor training provided, including:
- effective teaching
- peer coaching
- (d) mentor/protégé match (see process of matching)
- (e) selection and introduction of mentors and proteges